Gatwick free arrivals parking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)

Over the next few weeks I will have to collect various friends from Gatwick S and, where possible, I want to avoid giving the ****s £5 every time I have to do this. Their useless website tells me I can park in long stay for 2 hours and take the shuttle bus... it's pretty clear you can't reserve that, just wondered if anyone had used it and can confirm
1. You can just arrive and get a ticket
2. When returning to the car, must I validate the ticket at a machine before heading to barriers, assuming I remain within the 2 hour limit
3. Anything else I need to know?

I asked Gatwick by email 2 weeks ago. The only reply I got was a survey to ask how well they'd done with my query...

Cheers

Rick

Last edited by Rick A 1; May 9, 2024 at 3:33 pm
Old May 9, 2024, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Yes you can do this.
Old May 9, 2024, 6:39 am

Programs: Honors Diamond

It’s a bit hidden on the website.

https://www.gatwickairport.com/faqs/drop-off-faqs.html

Is there an option to drop off and pick up for free at London Gatwick?

Anyone who does not wish to pay the forecourt charge will be able to drop off or pick up passengers in the airport’s long-stay car parks with two hours free parking and a free shuttle bus to the terminals. Follow the signs for 'North Terminal long stay' or 'South Terminal long stay', depending on which terminal your passenger is flying from.

Take a ticket at the barrier, park your car in a bay in an open zone and catch the free shuttle bus to the terminal. Once you’ve picked your passenger up and are ready to leave, simply scan the ticket on exit for free parking for up to two hours
Rick A 1 likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Rick A 1
Over the next few weeks I will have to collect various friends from Gatwick S and, where possible, I want to avoid giving the ****s £5 every time I have to do this. Their useless website tells me I can park in long stay for 2 hours and take the shuttle bus... it's pretty clear you can't reserve that, just wondered if anyone had used it and can confirm
1. You can just arrive and get a ticket
2. When returning to the car, must I validate the ticket at a machine before heading to barriers, assuming I remain within the 2 hour limit
3. Anything else I need to know?

I asked asked everyone 2 weeks ago. The only reply I got was a survey to ask how well they'd done with my query...

Cheers

Rick
1. Yes that's correct. When we came back recently my son dropped my car off (he's Gatwick CC and was going to work) in the car park and then met us in the terminal to hand over the key. You get two hours so plenty of time, unlike at LHR where it's 29 minutes.
2. No you don't need the ticket - the barriers work on ANPR.
3. Nothing, it's very easy and straightforward.
Rick A 1 likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If your passengers aren't too "precious" get them to walk out of South Terminal, through the Hilton and grab them from there and shoot off without paying a fee...
Old May 9, 2024, 7:08 am

Programs: BA, VS
The long stay car park for Gatwick South is very close to the terminal, no more than a couple of minutes on the bus.
Rick A 1 likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)
Thanks all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.