Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Transfer Avios from IB to BA possible with BA household account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 5:18 am
Original Poster

I transferred some Avios from BA to IB that I didn't end up using, but I can't transfer them back to BA now, presumably because I have a BA household account, which didn't prevent me from transferring in the other direction from BA to IB (I've had BA household account for a long time so I was able to transfer from the BA household account to my IB individual account). Is there a workaround to transfer from IB to BA, without having to dissolve my household account? Thanks.
Old May 9, 2024, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by tth6133
I transferred some Avios from BA to IB that I didn't end up using, but I can't transfer them back to BA now, presumably because I have a BA household account, which didn't prevent me from transferring in the other direction from BA to IB (I've had BA household account for a long time so I was able to transfer from the BA household account to my IB individual account). Is there a workaround to transfer from IB to BA, without having to dissolve my household account? Thanks.
I believe you are right it’s the family account. I use aero club which allows transfers out of IB and then on to BA. It’s a work around for sure but better than nothing!

I have not had to do this for sometime so others may have better options.

Last edited by binman; May 10, 2024 at 1:20 am
Old May 9, 2024, 8:00 am

I have had a BA Household Account for many years, and I transfer Avios from Iberia to BA every month, no problem.

Have you tried using both the Iberia website and the BA website, or the phone app, or different browsers?

Also, name and address must match.
Old May 9, 2024, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
I've never been able to transfer directly from IB to a BA household. Most worrying is the combine my avios on avios.com seems to have completely disappeared off the website, so not sure what the options are right now.
Old May 9, 2024, 9:55 am

I just transferred Avios from Iberia to my BA Household Account yesterday, using the BA website.
Old May 9, 2024, 10:05 am

This must be a new function? As it's traditionally never worked and required going via AerClub or Vueling.

Glad to know it now works. I just tried it out and works fine!
Old May 10, 2024, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I have had a BA Household Account for many years, and I transfer Avios from Iberia to BA every month, no problem.

Have you tried using both the Iberia website and the BA website, or the phone app, or different browsers?

Also, name and address must match.
I just tried it this morning (on two different browsers: Google Chrome and MS Edge) and it still doesn't work for me. I got the same error message stating "Your session has timed out, please log in again
Su sesion ha caducado, por favor, acceda de nuevo
Ihre Sitzung ist abgelaufen, bitte melden Sie sich erneut
Votre session a expire, s'il vous plait vous connecter a nouveau
La sessione e scaduta, si prega di accedere di nuovo"
after clicking on the button to combine with IB account. The message is probably from the Iberia side, as I get the identical message if I initiate from the Iberia site.
Old May 10, 2024, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by tth6133
I just tried it this morning (on two different browsers: Google Chrome and MS Edge) and it still doesn't work for me. I got the same error message stating "Your session has timed out, please log in again
Su sesion ha caducado, por favor, acceda de nuevo
Ihre Sitzung ist abgelaufen, bitte melden Sie sich erneut
Votre session a expire, s'il vous plait vous connecter a nouveau
La sessione e scaduta, si prega di accedere di nuovo"
after clicking on the button to combine with IB account. The message is probably from the Iberia side, as I get the identical message if I initiate from the Iberia site.

Have you ever transferred before?

One of the big issues before was when names didn't match exactly between accounts, i.e. FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME LASTNAME on one account and FIRSTNAME-MIDDLENAME combined on other with separate LASTNAME
Old May 10, 2024, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTmex
Have you ever transferred before?

One of the big issues before was when names didn't match exactly between accounts, i.e. FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME LASTNAME on one account and FIRSTNAME-MIDDLENAME combined on other with separate LASTNAME
I've transferred from BA to IB before (so I assume names do match), but never in the other direction.
Old May 10, 2024, 6:53 am

Interesting, I had always been blocked from transferring between them due to HHA, but yesterday I logged in and it worked no issue. I used the combine my avios link in BAEC account
Old May 10, 2024, 7:05 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
Maybe unrelated, maybe related, but I've been having a lot of IT issues with IB recently. Not for transferring Avios or anything, but even logging on or checking my IB+ Avios and Elite Points, etc. It honestly would not surprise me if it was just IAG IT gremlins. (As usual.)
Old May 10, 2024, 8:59 am

Interesting, I had always been blocked from transferring between them due to HHA, but yesterday I logged in and it worked no issue. I used the combine my avios link in BAEC account
How do you know that your HHA was the reason for the block?
Old May 10, 2024, 9:01 am

The terms and conditions for one state it can't be done and it used to just not give me the option to transfer. Hence I had to go the aerclub route
Old May 10, 2024, 9:23 am

The terms and conditions for one state it can't be done and it used to just not give me the option to transfer. Hence I had to go the aerclub route
Can you point me to the prohibition in the Terms and Conditions? I have been doing these transfers for many years.

https://www.britishairways.com/conte...and-conditions
Old May 10, 2024, 9:29 am

https://www.britishairways.com/conte...ditions-of-use

Here under point 3 of combine by avios.

It allows for BA Household to Iberia individual account, but it only allows for Avios program to BA Household, not Iberia Individual to BA Household.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.