Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Short connection in Copenhagen (CPH) with non-partner airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2024, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

I purchased a single ticket from Singapore to Vilnius with a stopover in Doha, and a connection in Copenhagen (CPH). I need to arrive in Vilnius on time, but the connection time in Copenhagen is only 40 minutes, and I will need to go through border control due to my passport requirements. Additionally, the final leg of my journey is with Scandinavian Airlines, which left the OneWorld alliance earlier this year (after I purchased my ticket). Is there a chance that Qatar Airways will assist me with expedited border control to ensure I make my connecting flight on time?
Old Apr 26, 2024, 12:58 pm

SAS were never part of OneWorld. They were Star Alliance but are becoming Sky Team. As they are separate tickets, Qatar will not help in any way with the connection as they would have no reason to.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Wow, then why did they sell me the ticket? The ticket is single one, that's just with multiple connections - SIN-DOH-CPH-VNO

I see that you are right, didn't realize they are in different alliances
Old Apr 26, 2024, 1:16 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
This was a risky connection to begin with - whether SAS would be in the same alliance or not (it never was).
Ill assume based on tomorrows schedule, that youre scheduled to arrive 7:15 and are connecting on BT132 (codeshared by SK) departing 8:15. Thats not an impossible connection, but the problem is the next direct flight departs at 20:00.
An easier option wouldve been SIN-HEL-VNO.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 1:21 pm

I misread that it was sold as one ticket. Apologies. Im a tad surprised as I wasnt aware that SAS and QR had a partnership. In that case, I assume you would be re-accommodated if you miss the connection, but I doubt Qatar would do anything to assist with making the connection - especially in an outstation like CPH.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

I'm not in Singapore yet, and my flight isn't tomorrow. I'm just trying to gauge how risky it would be to schedule a midday appointment in Vilnius.

especially taken into consideration not only a border control (which should happen in CPH?) but also the fact that arriving and departing terminals are 2 and 3
Old Apr 26, 2024, 1:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor
At CPH the terminals really only matter landside - airside it's all one departure zone. Today I can see one VNO flight departing from D4, which is very nearby the border control at the bottom of the C pier, while another departed A11, which is about as far away as you can get. So it's very uncertain how long walking distance you will have.

On top of that wait times for immigration are very variable - unfortunately no e-gates.

Put together this is a quite risky connection. But if you do miss it SK will find away to get you there. Still, personally I probably wouldn't make some super important appointments that day.
Lonli_Lokli likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Lonli_Lokli
I purchased a single ticket from Singapore to Vilnius with a stopover in Doha, and a connection in Copenhagen (CPH). I need to arrive in Vilnius on time, but the connection time in Copenhagen is only 40 minutes, and I will need to go through border control due to my passport requirements. Additionally, the final leg of my journey is with Scandinavian Airlines, which left the OneWorld alliance earlier this year (after I purchased my ticket). Is there a chance that Qatar Airways will assist me with expedited border control to ensure I make my connecting flight on time?
SaS was not in one world

It left star alliance

The connection is a legal connection with mct for copenhagen

Its unlikely anyone will expedite you at passport control

I have not done it at copenhagen but i have made similar tight connections, including passport control from qr at waw vie and arn

Last edited by scottishpoet; Apr 26, 2024 at 5:10 pm
Old Apr 26, 2024, 6:49 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Lots of disconnected info in this thread. Here is the facts:
- *IF* Qatar has sold you SIN-DOH-CH-VNO as one ticket, and you have a ticket showing just that then connecting in CPH is no issue.
- In CPH the morning arrival from DOH comes in so early there is barely any people for the immigration, thats done in a few minutes.
- QR/SK partner on tickets if sold together, SK wil honor your ticket if there is a misconnect. As long as it is sold as a single ticket then it doesn't matter who's in which alliance or parter with whom.
- Vilnius is likely leaving from the A gates, so you will get your morning run done.

I do QR/SK connections on a single ticket all the time and there is no problem doing this in 40 mins in CPH in the morning. With the winds being what they are this time of year the DOH-CPH somewhat consistently comes in 10-20 minutes before scheule most mornings, this gives you a few minutes extra.

-A
Lonli_Lokli and dkeng like this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 7:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Lonli_Lokli
Wow, then why did they sell me the ticket? The ticket is single one, that's just with multiple connections - SIN-DOH-CPH-VNO

I see that you are right, didn't realize they are in different alliances
It is possible to buy tickets that are not all one alliance. Your optiins to get to vilnius on OW would be very limited.

As irs all one ticket you are protected and will be rebooked to a later flight if, through no fault of your own, you miss the connection. The connection is legal, if the inbound is on time you should make it.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Who did you buy your ticket from? Was is QR website? Wjen is your flight?

Qr is currently not selling that short 40min connection anymore (arrives 7:25 departs 8:05). Until 1 May, the scheduled arrival was 7:15, but QR is padding 10 more minutes (same departure time), making the connection probably illegal.
As you are on a single ticket, you should be protected by SK. Whether they are in OW is irrelevant as they are QR partner. There is another SK flight at 12:40.

If QR does not take the initiative to change your ticket and QR161 arrives early, you stand a good chance to make the connection. If not, you should resign yourself to miss your meeting. That was quite risky anyway.
Lonli_Lokli likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:50 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Where do you guys see SK? All I see is BT for April. As OP hasnt said which month or weekday, were all going by assumptions.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
Where do you guys see SK? All I see is BT for April. As OP hasnt said which month or weekday, were all going by assumptions.
tje OP stated

the final leg of my journey is with Scandinavian Airlines

I have not looked up the flights someone suggested it is a sas codeshare on air baltic
Old Apr 27, 2024, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin
Where do you guys see SK? All I see is BT for April. As OP hasn’t said which month or weekday, we’re all going by assumptions.
SK has 3 flights a day (most days, not all). Flights are often operated by a wet lease of Cityjet or by SAS connect.

Remember that SAS is in restructuring. If the flight takes place in many months, things can change.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for all your helpful answers!

Originally Posted by brunos
Who did you buy your ticket from? Was is QR website? Wjen is your flight?

Qr is currently not selling that short 40min connection anymore (arrives 7:25 departs 8:05). Until 1 May, the scheduled arrival was 7:15, but QR is padding 10 more minutes (same departure time), making the connection probably illegal.
As you are on a single ticket, you should be protected by SK. Whether they are in OW is irrelevant as they are QR partner. There is another SK flight at 12:40.
My trip is on August 30, I bought the ticket before this connection disappeared.

I just have to book a dental appointment, that's why it's important to know does it makes sense to try it earlier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.