Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

PLEASE READ FIRST: FAQ1 Essential Information about Accor and ALL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Print Wikipost

PLEASE READ FIRST: FAQ1 Essential Information about Accor and ALL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:05 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by chrism20
Try a couple of different properties and if there is no option to use points for any of them it's most likely they have put your account into restricted mode for security purposes. To get it unlocked you will have to reset your password and also send copy of ID by email. They will give you a specific email address to send it to.

I've had this happen a few times and I'm almost positive that it's Award Wallet thats causing the issue in my case.
I made my reservation at the time for this coming weekend. Perhaps I can ask about that when at the hotel on Thursday. This is my second booking since signing up with an ALL account, is that usual to have a new account restrricted? Not sure what/where Award Wallet is?
Old Oct 16, 2021, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by siw
It says in post #1 that reservations can be paid for with reward points and cash together. I just made a reservation in the ALL website (logged in) and at no point was there an option to use my points, so I had to pay 100% by cash. There was a page to purchases extras (breakfast, early check-in etc.) I had wanted to earn and burn rather than build up points. Are there special conditions to be able to use points? Thanks.
Some restricted/promo rates do not allow the use of points at the time of booking. Maybe you chose one of those ?
Old Oct 16, 2021, 3:49 am
siw

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Some restricted/promo rates do not allow the use of points at the time of booking. Maybe you chose one of those ?
Maybe you are correct but there was nothing on the hotel webpage room selected that said any restrictions/promos. It was just a standard room selection. I will ask at the hotel on the weekend.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 4:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by siw
Maybe you are correct but there was nothing on the hotel webpage room selected that said any restrictions/promos. It was just a standard room selection. I will ask at the hotel on the weekend.
At some hotels / some dates, the cheapest rate sometimes does not allow me to pay with points. I have no idea why. However on occasion I was able to pay with points at check-in.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 3:23 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
IT issue again with Accor website
I made Sunday a reservation for next week; when I wanted to secure the reservation with my registered credit card, the credit card details did not show up and I got to a common pay site, where i had to key in all payment and credit card details again
when I wanted to return and try again, it showed that the reservation was already completed

I addressed this issue to Accor customer care and the hotel immediatels by E-Mail; Accor customer care did not response since 48 hours (very lame and lousy!) and the hotel answered, that they can not help as reservation was in the meanwhile cancelled.

anybody else facing such issues recently?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: EK Skywards Silver, Sindbad Silver, Le Club Accor Gold, Flying Blue, IHG, Enrich
Originally Posted by BinSabai
IT issue again with Accor website
I made Sunday a reservation for next week; when I wanted to secure the reservation with my registered credit card, the credit card details did not show up and I got to a common pay site, where i had to key in all payment and credit card details again
when I wanted to return and try again, it showed that the reservation was already completed

I addressed this issue to Accor customer care and the hotel immediatels by E-Mail; Accor customer care did not response since 48 hours (very lame and lousy!) and the hotel answered, that they can not help as reservation was in the meanwhile cancelled.

anybody else facing such issues recently?
No, but this morning’s update appears to have broken the IOS app!
Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: EK Skywards Silver, Sindbad Silver, Le Club Accor Gold, Flying Blue, IHG, Enrich
Originally Posted by JDP1970
No, but this morning’s update appears to have broken the IOS app!
They’ve fixed this already via another update.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by JDP1970
They’ve fixed this already via another update.
not at all
my reservation was cancelled
then I tried again and instead of showing my preregistered credit card details, I had to fill in again all details!
still no answer from Accor customer care for 36 hours

so miserable!
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
not at all
my reservation was cancelled
then I tried again and instead of showing my preregistered credit card details, I had to fill in again all details!
still no answer from Accor customer care for 36 hours

so miserable!
I think you may have misunderstood me, as I was referring to the fix of the issue with the app not working.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:49 am
siw

I can answer my own question in post #613. My last stay has got me over the 2000 Rewards Point amount and now I have an option to use these as partial payment on my next stay. My intention was to earn and burn to knock a few tens of GBP off the bill - nothing significant.

Are Status Nights still earnt when using Rewards Points for partial payment, as I am on 25 nights and will make Gold this year if these are earnt? I see in the T&Cs that Rewards Points and Status Points are only earnt on the amount of the bill paid for by cash.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by siw
I can answer my own question in post #613. My last stay has got me over the 2000 Rewards Point amount and now I have an option to use these as partial payment on my next stay. My intention was to earn and burn to knock a few tens of GBP off the bill - nothing significant.

Are Status Nights still earnt when using Rewards Points for partial payment, as I am on 25 nights and will make Gold this year if these are earnt? I see in the T&Cs that Rewards Points and Status Points are only earnt on the amount of the bill paid for by cash.
You should still earn credit for the nights. I had a stay in September, where I used points on checkout, where the remainder of the bill that I settled by card, was less than the amount of taxes charged (which I don't earn points on). For that stay, I received zero status or reward points. However, I did get night credit (not that I care about night credits).
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 1:39 pm
siw

Just reahced ALL Gold status thanks to the double Status Nights in 2021, after only starting uisng ibis and ibis Styles in London this autumn. I assume there is not going to be a double Status Nights in 2022 or any other such 'bonus' for maintaining status? I doubt I'll maintain Gold at the end of 2022 and drop to Silver in 2023, which I should be able to keep going afterwards.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by siw
Just reahced ALL Gold status thanks to the double Status Nights in 2021, after only starting uisng ibis and ibis Styles in London this autumn. I assume there is not going to be a double Status Nights in 2022 or any other such 'bonus' for maintaining status? I doubt I'll maintain Gold at the end of 2022 and drop to Silver in 2023, which I should be able to keep going afterwards.
If you're mostly earning in ibis brands anyway and stay frequently, the ibis business card is likely to be a slam dunk for you. 10% off flexible rates (and F&B) for GBP65/year, and Gold status included. It'd likely be close to paying for itself by the time you requalify for Silver in most ibis hotels in the UK.

(If you ever stay at an ibis budget, signing up for it there gets you some further money back.)
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:21 am
siw

Originally Posted by typical
If you're mostly earning in ibis brands anyway and stay frequently, the ibis business card is likely to be a slam dunk for you. 10% off flexible rates (and F&B) for GBP65/year, and Gold status included. It'd likely be close to paying for itself by the time you requalify for Silver in most ibis hotels in the UK.

(If you ever stay at an ibis budget, signing up for it there gets you some further money back.)
Thanks for the information. I assume there is no Status Nights etc. bonus next year then. I did not know ibis business card existed and it might work out for me as the £65/year might be regained by the extra Reward Points I would earn above Silver to redeem (at 2000 Reward Points = 40EUR) off my hotel bills as I earn the Points. I assume then I can forget the entire Status Nights to earn status (getting Platinum and earning tens/hundreds thousands of Reward Points for luxury redemptions is not my intent).

I found the webpage (https://businesstravel.accor.com/hot...index.en.shtml) and I have a few questions which I cannot see the answers:
  • Does the ibis Business Card nullify my ALL loyalty account? Would it show up with my currecnt ALL account login?
  • I always book reservations directly on the ALL website and that currently has a winter double and triple Rewards Points bonus. Would I still get access to these promos?
  • Would my current ALL status still show on the website and app, e.g. Gold, Silver? Or does would it instead say something like 'Gold due to ibis business card'?
  • The ALL account renews on the 1st January each year so I assume it is best to get the ibis business card with the same start date?
  • As I have Gold for 2022 and when I login to the ALL website to make bookings it says I get membership rates, so there is no point getting the ibis business card until 2023 (as I doubt I will get 30 nights in 2022 to maintain Gold). Is that right?
  • How can I save further on getting this at an ibis Budget? I cannot find any information on that? I only stay at ibis/ibis Styles due to the locations where I need to be but I could make one exception if it saves me some money.
edit: just found this article: https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/1...business-card/

Last edited by siw; Dec 21, 2021 at 7:52 am
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
It's possible there are further offers for next year but I haven't seen anything announced yet.

The key saving for the ibis business card comes from the room rate (and F&B) discounts. You'll earn a few more points as Gold but it's unlikely to be that lucrative.

Since you already have Gold, the only real benefit of getting the card now is the extra discount on room rates (it stacks on top of the member rate discount). You don't have to align the two membership dates, and once you get it, your ALL account is unchanged except it would just set your status as Gold as if you'd earned it in the usual way. It shouldn't affect any promos.

I'd check now if it's worth it for the additional discount (the discount level is higher for flexible rates than prepaid rates so it depends what you book) and if not, hold off until you need it for Gold. Happy to tell you the rate I see on a property with the card if you want to compare.
siw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.